Lawrence University Memorial Chapel
520 E. College Ave., Appleton, WI
The historic Lawrence University Memorial Chapel is located in the heart of the Lawrence campus on Appleton’s main street, College Avenue. The Chapel was built in 1919 and features a magnificent 41-stop mechanical-action organ built by John Brombaugh of Eugene, Oregon. Acoustics in this hall are remarkable and it may be one of the best settings to hear the unamplified human voice in performance.
Street parking is available behind the Chapel on Washington, Franklin, and cross streets. Parking is also available at the city structure located at the corner of Washington and Morrison Streets (payment upon exit). Patrons may park in Lawrence “Faculty/staff” lots during concerts, but please don’t park in student lots. Disabled/senior citizen parking is located on the east side of the Chapel which you enter on the 100 block of North Union Street. Patron drop-off is located behind the Chapel on Washington Street.
Entering the Chapel:
Doors open approximately 45 minutes prior to show time and we ask all patrons to enter through the front doors of the Chapel facing College Avenue. Will call and the box office are located inside of the lobby. A ramp for handicap access is on the east side of the Chapel, on the Union Street side of the building.
St. Francis Xavier Cathedral
140 South Monroe Ave, Green Bay, WI
The Cathedral is the seat of the Green Bay Catholic Diocese and was established in 1851 and consecrated in 1881. The architecture is Romanesque in form and was modeled on the Ludwigkirche in Munich, Germany. The altar, known as the Peace altar since World War I, honors the men and women of the parish who served in the armed forces. The present altar is carved white Carrara marble and on the other end of the building the Liebmann Memorial Rose window is made of over 4,000 pieces of glass by the Columbia Art Glass Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Renovations of the building started in 2006 and major renovations will be completed in December of 2017.
Ample parking is available in the church’s lot immediately adjacent to the building.
Entering the Cathedral:
Please enter the Cathedral through the Bishop Wycislo Center where the box office and will call are located. The facility is fully accessible to patrons in wheelchairs. More information at this link.